Dear Partners, Colleagues and Friends,
The year 2020 has been exceptional for the whole world, which was deeply disrupted by COVID-19 and is facing new challenges for 2021 and thereafter.
As the New Year dawns, the Technical Secretariat of the Program to Support Fiscal Transition in West Africa (PATF) seizes the opportunity to express its gratitude for the cooperation and fruitful exchanges with you throughout 2020. Your contributions were greatly appreciated across PATF various areas of intervention, including:
1-Harmonization and strengthening of VAT management through :
- The development of the VAT Practical Guide ;
- Planned actions for the implementation of VAT in many countries.
2-Control and rationalization of the management of tax expenditures, including
- The development of the Methodological Guide for Tax expenditure evaluation;
- Support from country experts in analyzing the national context in terms of tax expenditures.
3-The implementation of effective coordination and monitoring-evaluation tools for the fiscal transition in West Africa through :
- The identification of fiscal transition indicators and the development of the tax database;
- The development of platforms for dialogue, sharing of experiences, and good practices of tax and customs administrations.
We look forward to strengthening our collaboration to address the challenges of the PATF. May the New Year bring us health, peace, and great success in our endeavors.
Happy New Year 2021.
The PATF Technical Secretariat
PATF Chief of Mission